And so it goes...

.......This is a blog where my other self exists in any number of the dimensions of Time and Space........... .

Friday 22 January 2010

School Days..

and it was ..1972. 6th form Turramurra High School ..Chris Winter's Room to Move at 10pm on a Monday night and Ross McDermot and Geoffrey Howard and I were most intrigued by it all.

School Days
In Delaware When I was younger
I would live a life obscene
In the spring I had great hunger
I was Brando, I was Dean

Blaspheming booted blue-jeaned baby boy
Oh how I made them turn their heads
the townie brownie girls they jumped for joy
And begged me bless them in their beds

In Delaware when I was younger
I would roam upon the lake
In the spring I had great hunger
I was Keats, I was Blake

My pimple pencil pains I would bring
To frogs who sat entranced
My drift dream ditties I would
They would astride a dance

In Delaware when I was younger
They thought St. Andrew had sufficed
But in the spring I had great hunger
I was Buddha, I was Christ

You wicked wise men, where's your wonder
Your fallacies one day will pay
See my lightning hear my thunder
I am truth I know the way

In Delaware when I was younger

Loudon Wainwright III

No comments:

Post a Comment